Thursday, November 10, 2016

Visit to the National Museum of Mexican Art

National Museum of Mexican Art


Our visit to the National Museum of Mexican Art was really interesting. It was the first time I know about the dead day in Mexico, I learned so much information about the Mexican culture from their art. It is really interesting that they celebrate death. I found this museum unique and different from any  museum I ever visited. There were three exhibits in the museum. there were three exhibits, they have different context and different subject-matter.

In the Mexican Identity exhibit  Journey of the soul. the exhibit was full with emotions and I found it very dark and unique. it shows the Mexican identity and their believes. I was captured by some paintings in this exhibit. such as Day of Offerings.  It is such an interesting culture to learn about.

The second exhibit was my favorite, it is dedicated to the victims of the pulse tragedy in Orlando FL, and to Mr. Alejandro Mondragon, an important sugar skull maker. I think this exhibit has a great purpose, it remind people of some great people or victims who passed away. 

The last exhibit is Maquila Blues. This exhibit had a lot of paintings for a Mexican artist called, Oscar Moya. Oscar Moya in 1971 crossed the border. In his painting he shows the same subject he experienced. He shows how he came poor and tired to make his dreams came true in America.






One artwork that coughs my attention is this amazing art work. What I like the most about this art work is that I can see three different pictures in it. Each one is different and unique.I think who ever created it most be very creative and talented. The picture from the side is my favorite. Such an amazing art work. What I noticed is that the colors are similar in each picture. The artist used the primary colors, red, yellow, and blue. 



No comments:

Post a Comment